ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
$2500 AUD + GST
ISO 9001 is a standard for quality management systems (QMS) that is internationally recognized. It outlines the requirements for implementing and maintaining an effective QMS in any organization, regardless of its size or industry.
ISO 9001 Certifications
The ISO 9001 standard provides a framework for organizations to:
- Define and document their processes
- Identify and address risks and opportunities related to their products and services
- Continually improve their QMS to enhance customer satisfaction and achieve business objectives
ISO 9001 - Lead Implementer
ISO 9001 - Lead Auditor
Exams are available online directly with PECB
ISO 9001 – Lead Implementer
An ISO 9001 Lead Implementer is an individual who is responsible for leading the implementation of an ISO 9001 quality management system (QMS) within an organization. This person typically has a thorough understanding of the ISO 9001 standard and the requirements for implementing an effective QMS.
To become an ISO 9001 Lead Implementer, an individual should have experience in quality management and knowledge of the ISO 9001 standard. They should also have leadership and project management skills to effectively lead the implementation process and ensure the QMS is implemented in a timely and efficient manner.
The role of an ISO 9001 Lead Implementer typically involves:
- Conducting a gap analysis of the organization’s current processes and identifying areas for improvement to meet the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard
- Developing an implementation plan and timeline for the QMS
- Communicating the plan and the benefits of the QMS to stakeholders within the organization
- Coordinating the implementation process, including training employees on the QMS requirements and ensuring that documentation and procedures are in place
- Conducting internal audits to ensure that the QMS is effectively implemented and identifying areas for further improvement
- Preparing for the certification audit by a third-party certification body
- Managing the certification audit process and ensuring that the organization meets the requirements for ISO 9001 certification.
ISO 9001 – Lead Auditor
An ISO 9001 Lead Auditor is an individual who is responsible for leading the audit of an organization’s quality management system (QMS) against the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard. This person typically has extensive knowledge and experience in auditing QMSs and a thorough understanding of the ISO 9001 standard.
To become an ISO 9001 Lead Auditor, an individual should have relevant experience in quality management, auditing, and the ISO 9001 standard. They should also have strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively lead the audit team and interact with stakeholders during the audit process.
The role of an ISO 9001 Lead Auditor typically involves:
- Planning and scheduling the audit, including determining the scope and objectives of the audit and selecting the audit team
- Conducting the opening meeting with the auditee to explain the audit process and objectives
- Conducting the audit by reviewing the organization’s QMS documentation, conducting interviews with employees, and observing processes
- Identifying non-conformities, or areas where the organization’s QMS does not meet the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard, and documenting them in an audit report
- Communicating the audit findings to the auditee and providing recommendations for corrective actions
- Conducting a closing meeting with the auditee to discuss the audit findings and recommendations
- Preparing the audit report and submitting it to the relevant stakeholders, including the auditee, the certification body, and other interested parties.